AMAKACIN 250+METHYL PARABEN 0.18% W/V + PROPYL PARABEN 0.02% W/V
Amikacin 250 mg injection is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat –patients with severe bacterial infections of the lungs,joints , bones,skin,blood or brain. It is effective to use on gram-negative bacteria and a few gram-positive bacteria. It may take at least a week for amikacin to destroy the infection. It has no effects on the infections caused by virus.
Method of Administration
Amikacin Sulphate 250 mg injection can be given in both ways-IV(in-vein) or IM(in muscle). Do not self administer this injection. A certified healthcare professional will inject this medicine into your body via a syringe. Ensure that the syringe is being used for the first time and is sterile.
The dosage and duration depend on certain factors such as body weight, age and the body’s response to the treatment. Discard the use of this medicine if you notice any discolouration or broken seal. Use this antibiotic the same time every day to help you remember each time and prevent a missed dose.
If the treatment is left uncompleted, the bacterial infection may spread rapidly in the body and become resistant to this antibiotic. It is advised to complete the prescribed amount as suggested by the doctor.
Unpleasant Effects of Amikacin Sulphate 250 mg Injection
Some side effects resolve on their own but others may require medical attention. Below given is a list of possible side effects. These are not all the practicable side effects .hence consult your doctor if you see symptoms other than these.
- Tingling sensations
- Pain or redness at the place of administration
- Low magnesium levels in the body
It is rare to observe very serious allergic reactions to this medication. But if you notice any disruption in the normal body functions, contact the doctor immediately.
Contraindications Of Amikacin Sulphate 250 mg Injection
- It is a prerequisite to inform your doctor about allergies to any medications including antibiotics. There are specific ingredients in each medication which may cause allergies in people. Make sure to read the components list before using the medicine. If the instruction leaflet is missing, contact the pharmacist for more details.
- Ensure that the doctor is aware of your medical history- any previous fungal infections,hearing issues,kidney or liver diseases and cystic fibriosis. This drug can cause adverse effects in the body of people suffering from these health conditions.
- Amikacin injection may interact with typhoid or other vaccines and hamper their proper functioning. Consult the doctor before getting immunized.
- Pregnant and lactating ladies should consult the doctor before taking this medicine. A small amount of this drug may pass through breastmilk which is considered to be safe.
- Keep it out of children reach. Store it in a cool and dry place devoiding sunlight.
Interactions of Amikacin 250 Mg Injection with Other Drugs
Amikacin is known to interact with certain drugs such as aspirin, adefovir, cephalosporin, cisplatin, ceftriaxone and furosemide. It may react moderately to severely with these medicines. Also the use of anti-diarheutics is not advised while using this medication.
Food interactions- no interactions yet established.
Question: Can this medicine cause loose motions?
Answer: There are some undesirable effects of this Amikacin Sulphate 250 mg injection which include nausea, vomiting,headache or loose motions. Consult your doctor for more details.
Question: Is amikacin injection 250mg categorized as a strong antibiotic?
Answer:Drugs like amikacin and other anti bacterials have to act fast in order to ensure the decreased reproduction and growth of bacteria in the body. And thus it is classified as a strong antibiotic.
Question: After how much gap can we take another dose of Amikacin 250 mg injection?
Answer: It is generally advised to take one to two doses of amikacin with a gap of around 7-8 hours.
Question: Can we use amikacin for typhoid?
Answer: Amikacin either alone or with other medications can be used to treat typhoid fever caused by Salmonella bacteria.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.