CALCITRIOL + CALCIUM CARBONATE + ZINC SOFT GEL
FRACTOCAL-CZ | CALCITRIOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, ZINC SOFT GEL CAPSULE
CALCITRIOL + CALCIUM CARBONATE + ZINC is a combination drug used to treat low blood calcium levels. The combination drug is indicated for various health conditions caused by low calcium levels, such as osteoporosis (weak and brittle bones), osteomalacia/rickets (weak bones), hypoparathyroidism (low levels of parathyroid hormone), and latent tetany (a muscle disease with low blood calcium levels). CALCITRIOL + CALCIUM CARBONATE + ZINC can also be given to pregnant, nursing, and postmenopausal women to ensure that they don’t get calcium deficient. The combination drug also has uses in treating hyperparathyroidism (overactive parathyroid glands) and metabolic bone disease in people with chronic kidney disease, surgery, or other conditions.
CALCITROL +CALCIUM CARBONATE +ZINC comprise Calcium carbonate (mineral), Calcitriol (Vitamin D3), and Zinc (mineral). Take the medicine as per the dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. Stay regular with your dosage and consume the medicine until the course gets completed. Do not crush, chew or break the capsules. Swallow the Softgel capsules with water. Some users may experience side effects like constipation or stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, mood changes, weakness, tiredness, fast or pounding heartbeat, bone/muscle pain, and headache. Mostly the side effects are temporary and go away after some time. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any drug present in the capsules and discuss your medical history and current health condition.
Uses of CALCITRIOL + CALCIUM CARBONATE + ZINC Softgel Capsules
Softgel capsules are primarily used to treat low blood calcium levels. It can also be taken by people suffering from below mentioned health conditions:
- Osteoporosis (weak and brittle bones)
- Osteomalacia/rickets (weak bones)
- Hypoparathyroidism (low levels of parathyroid hormone)
- Tetany (a muscle disease with low blood calcium levels)
- Post-menopausal osteoporosis
Side Effects of CALCIUM CARBONATE+CALCITRIOL+ZINC
Usually, there are not many side effects of CALCITRIOL + CALCIUM CARBONATE + ZINC. The side effects observed are mild to temporary and resolve over time. However, if the side effects persist or become severe, immediately seek medical consultation. The intensity of side effects is unique in all individuals and depends on the response to the medicine including other factors. The list of side effects is given below:
- Stomach pain
- Mood changes
- Tiredness/ weakness
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
When two or more drugs are taken simultaneously, their interaction can lower the efficacy of a medicine or may lead to unpleasant effects. The same is true for certain food items and beverages. Certain health conditions can also trigger unpleasant reactions.
Interactions with medicines:
- Anti-cancer medication (estramustine)
- Cholestyramine (cholesterol-lowering agent)
- Digitalis (used to treat heart problems)
- Medicines to treat bacterial infections such as Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Gatifloxacin, Sparfloxacin, and Ofloxacin
- Ketoconazole (treat fungal infections)
Interaction with Food Items:
- Avoid Caffeine
- Soft Drinks
- Alcohol (inhibits calcium absorption)
Interaction with Disease:
- bone metastases
- primary hyperparathyroidism
- Renal failure
- Hypervitaminosis D
Precautions and Warnings
- Excess Vitamin D is not healthy during pregnancy. Hence, pregnant women should consult their doctor before taking Softgel capsules.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking CALCIUM CARBONATE+CALCITRIOL+ZINC as it may hinder calcium absorption in the body.
- Only take the medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration.
- Store the capsules in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Do not take CALCIUM CARBONATE+CALCITRIOL+ZINC if you are lactating as the drugs may seep into the breast milk and affect the newborn.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do CALCITRIOL+CALCIUM CARBONATE+ZINC cause kidney stones?
CALCITRIOL+CALCIUM CARBONATE+ZINC can cause kidney stones due to excess calcium deposition when used for a prolonged period. Please consult your doctor before taking CALCITRIOL+CALCIUM CARBONATE+ZINC as a daily supplement.
- What are the common side effects of CALCITRIOL+CALCIUM CARBONATE+ZINC?
Common side effects of CALCITRIOL+CALCIUM CARBONATE+ZINC include constipation, stomach pain, loss of appetite, fast or pounding heartbeat, and bone, or muscle pain.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.