DISODIUM HYDROGEN CITRATE 1.38GM/5ML
URINALOC SYRUP | Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup – The medicine is known as a urinary alkaliser and is primarily used for the treatment of kidney stones and gaut. The intake of the medicine is also useful for the treatment of renal tubular acidosis. Kidney stones are minute, hard deposits made of calcium, phosphate, and other minerals and acid salts that develop in concentrated urine. Renal tubular acidosis occurs when the kidneys are unable to excrete acids into the urine, preventing the blood from becoming sufficiently alkaline. The dosage and duration of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup will depend on the severity of your medical condition and how your body responds to the given treatment.
Working Mechanism of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup
The syrup is consist of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate as its main component which helps in metabolizing bicarbonate and boosts the excretion of free bicarbonate ions. This enhances cysteine solubility in the urine and ionizes uric acid to a soluble urate ion. This contributes to raising the pH of the urine, which reduces the acidity of the urine. Thus, the drug is able to treat medical conditions such as kidney stones and gaut. However, intake of this syrup medication should be as directed by the healthcare provider without exceeding it, as we all are aware of the fact that any medication taken in excess of a specific dose may have undesirable side effects.
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup Uses
- The medication is primarily used for the treatment of kidney stones and gaut.
- The intake of the medicine is also useful for the treatment of renal tubular acidosis.
Potential Side Effects of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup
The intake of this syrup medication is considered highly effective and safe. Although in some highly unlikely cases, The consumption of this syrup medication can lead t some unpleasant adverse reactions. The side effects of this oral suspension are very rare to appear and usually appear on their own after your body adapts to the given treatment. However, do not take the side effects lightly, if they start to bother you much or are persistent. In such circumstances, seek medical advice right away.
Some of the common side effects of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup may include:
- Stomach cramp
- Mood swings
General Instructions for the Medicine
Some of the important precautions and warnings to keep in mind about Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup are:
- If any of the ingredients in the syrup medication make you sick, avoid taking it.
- Please let your doctor know if you have renal disease, high blood pressure, edema, hyperkalemia, hypocalcemia, urinary tract infection, or any other medical conditions.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, talk to your doctor before using Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup.
- If you are using Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Medicine, avoid the intake of alcohol.
- The intake of this syrup medication may impair your ability to drive; only do so if you are alert.
- Before administering children this syrup medicine, see a physician.
- To prevent stomach distress, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup should be taken after meals along with a glass of water or fruit juice.
- While taking this medication, stomach ache may occur. If the given medicine affects you, Notify your doctor.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q. How to Use Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup?
Before each use of the medicine, give the bottle of syrup a good shake. As advised by your doctor, mix it into a glass of water or juice. If diarrhea occurs, stay away from taking Disodium Hydrogen Citrate on an empty stomach. Drink plenty of fluids when taking this medication to avoid stomach discomfort.
Q. How long does it take Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Syrup to work?
The effects of this syrup medicine take a few minutes to take effect and last for about four to six hours. Don’t skip doses, and take the syrup exactly as prescribed by your doctor, for the best effects.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.