Itraconazole BP 1.0% w/w
Itralock | Itraconazole Ointment
Brand Name : Itralock
Itraconazole Ointment is a medication prescribed by doctors when you have fungal infections on fingernails, lungs, vagina, mouth, toenails, or throat. It is an antifungal used by adults that slow the growth of fungi called ergosterol. Itraconazole’s absolute oral bioavailability is 55%, and with a full meal, it is maximal. It is only prescribed by the doctor according to the condition of the patient.
Itraconazole Ointment Uses
Our skin interacts with many kinds of viruses in our daily life that live harmlessly in our bodies. The most common fungi of skin infections are the tinea group of fungi. Some fungi can thrive and multiply on the surface of the mouth, skin, or vagina. Mouth and vagina infection is called thrush, which is caused by yeast overgrowth called candida. For prevention, treatment, and improvement Itraconazole is best suited for curing the following symptoms –
- Fungal infections
- Neutropenia or aids patients
- Chest and back having flaky disorder patches
Itraconazole Ointment side-effects
There are rare side effects of Itraconazole but if the side effects mentioned below get worse then you should immediately reach out to the doctor about your concern.
- Itchy skin rash
- Yellowing of skin
- Increased blood levels of liver enzymes
- Throat pain
- Running nose
- Back pain
- Stomach pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Itraconazole Ointment storage
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Itraconazole Drug Interactions:-
Be very cautious before using his medicine with others and it is not advised with the following medicines mentioned below-
- Pacritinib, etc.
Itraconazole Ointment Precautions:-
Here are some of the precautions mentioned if you want to use Itraconazole-
- Inform properly to your doctor about your list of medications like herbals, vitamins, allergies, and pre-existing diseases before using Itraconazole Ointment.
- Talk about your health conditions like upcoming surgery, pregnancy, etc.
- Take medication on a prescription basis only.
Diet and lifestyle advice to avoid fungal infections:-
- Change your socks and shoes regularly.
- Wash your feet after coming home.
- Avoid shoes that are sweaty and hot.
- Avoid walking barefoot.
- Do not let the infection spread to other body parts by scratching.
- Do not share towels, combs, socks, etc. with others.
- Keep your towels, bedsheets, and inner wears clean on daily basis.
Frequently asked questions
Q. I have a nail infection and I am using Itraconazole but I can’t see any improvement. Should I stop using without asking anyone?
A. No, you should complete the entire course as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop using without asking because your fungal infection may not get cured completely. Usually, it takes 6 to 9 months for treatment of nail lesions. Then after several months, nails are grown. Don’t worry if you can’t see improvement at the start.
Q. I and my cousin had a similar fungal infection but the doctor prescribed me Itraconazole but not to him because he was on dofetilide. Why?
A. Itraconazole interferes with the working of dofetilide medicine together. The doctor did not recommend him because this interference can disturb the electrical activity of the heart, it can be very dangerous for this person.
Q. Why did my doctor ask to get blood tests done before taking Itraconazole?
A. The doctor has to first take blood tests to monitor your liver functioning because the use of Itraconazole may cause liver damage which will be a serious medical condition for you. Also if the prescription of Itraconazole is given and you are experiencing vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, or nausea, inform your doctor immediately.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.