OFLOXACIN OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION I.P.
MOXILACIN | Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic used in the treatment of bacterial infections. A bacterial infection is a condition in which bacteria grow in the body and cause infection. It can target any body part multiply very quickly and release toxins causing the infection. Moxifloxacin ophthalmic solution can also be used in the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis or pink eyes which is an infection in the membrane that covers the outside of the eyeballs and the inside of the eyelids. The eye drops belong to the class of medicines called fluoroquinolones antibiotics. Before using the eye drops, inform your doctor if you are allergic to Moxifloxacin.
Use the eye drops as suggested by your healthcare professional. Moxifloxacin eye drops are only for external application. Do not ingest the medicine. Avoid the tip of the eye drop container coming in contact with the eyes, eyelids, hands, or other surfaces to reduce the chances of contamination. Some users may experience a few side effects such as eye discomfort, dry eyes, and a burning sensation in the eyes immediately following application. Immediately inform your doctor if the side effects persist or get severe.
Medical Benefits of Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
Moxifloxacin eye drops are available as an ophthalmic solution, formulated to instill in the eyes. Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic and an excellent bactericidal agent to kill the infection-causing bacteria. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic effective against a wide range of gram-positive, gram-negative, and anaerobic bacteria (that live without oxygen). The medication works by interfering with the bacteria’s ability to copy their genetic material (DNA) which ultimately kills bacteria and prevents them from reproducing which treats your infection. The eye drops are primarily used in the treatment of bacterial eye infections.
Direction for Use
Moxifloxacin is formulated to be instilled in the eyes to treat the infection. Follow the dosage prescribed by your health care professional. You shall use the eye drops three times a day for continuously seven days. Try to use it at the same time each day. To get more clarity read the steps given below on using the Moxifloxacin eye drops.
- Properly, wash your hands before using the eye drops.
- Check the dropper’s tip to ensure that it is not broken or cracked.
- Do not touch the dropper’s tip against your eyes, fingers, face, or any surface to avoid contamination.
- While looking up, gently squeeze the dropper to drop a single drop of medicine in your eyes.
- Keep your eyes closed for 2 – 3 minutes without blinking or squeezing your eyelids.
- Wipe off any excess liquid from the face with a tissue.
- Wash your hands to remove any traces of medicine.
Side Effects of Moxifloxacin Eye Drops
There are mild to moderate side effects of Moxifloxacin that do not last for a long time. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. Inform your doctor if the side effects persist or worsen with time. The range of side effects noticed on using the Moxifloxacin eye drops are mentioned below:
- red, irritated, itchy, or teary eyes
- blurred vision
- eye pain
- dry eyes
- broken blood vessels in the eyes
- runny nose
Precautions and Warnings
1. Avoid consuming alcohol when using Moxifloxacin eye drops as it may interact and cause unpleasant side effects.
2. Do not use Moxifloxacin eye drops without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
3. Avoid driving after using Moxifloxacin eye drops as they can blur the vision for a while increasing the chances of accidents.
4. Moxifloxacin eye drops are only for external application, do not ingest it at all.
5. Store the Moxifloxacin eye drops in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
6. Moxifloxacin eye drops shall be kept away from children and pets. Properly dispose of the expired and discarded eye drops.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.