FEXOFENADINE 120 MG + MONTELUKAST 10 MG (CHEWABLE TABLET)
FEXILOC-M | FEXOFENADINE 120 MG and MONTELUKAST 10 MG TABLET
Montelukast + Fexofenadine Tablet is the most prescribed medication when the patient faces sneezing and runny nose caused by allergies. The medicine is formulated using two drugs: Fexofenadine & Montelukast. Fexofenadine used in the combination belongs to a drug class called antiallergic. It functions by blocking the actions of a chemical messenger (histamine). Histamine is responsible for watery eyes, runny noses, and sneezing. While Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist that functions by blocking the action of a certain chemical messenger called leukotriene. By doing so, the inflammation in the airways and nose gets reduced and symptoms improve.
While taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine Tablet, some common side effects can be experienced that are mild to moderate and goes away once the body adapts to the medication. The most common side effects caused by the medication include the following:
- Skin rash,
- Dizziness, etc.
Hence, these are some side effects that patients can face while taking Montelukast+Fexofenadine Tablet. Generally, these symptoms don’t get worse but in case, these adverse effects persist or become annoying then get medical help immediately.
Montelukast + Fexofenadine Tablet is an effective medication that offers some side effects too, therefore, it should be taken with extreme caution to get the maximum benefits. The below-listed points can be considered while taking the medication.
- Don’t increase/decrease the dosage of the medication as it may lead to increased side effects.
- The medication may cause dizziness, hence, driving or operating any heavy machinery isn’t recommended.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while taking Montelukast+Fexofenadine Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- If dry mouth occurs as a side effect then increased water intake, good oral hygiene, or sugarless candy may help.
- Finish the course even if symptoms are relieved. Don’t stop taking Montelukast+Fexofenadine Tablet without the doctor’s advice.
Hence, these are some precautions that should be considered while taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine Tablet. Further, the medication should be taken as per the doctor’s directions.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.