EVOSALBUTAMOL 1 MG + AMBROXOL 30 MG + GUAIPHENESIN 50 MG
LEVOSALBUTAMOL 1 MG, AMBROXOL 30 MG, GUAIPHENESIN 50 MG SYRUP
Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup is a combination medicine comprising three separate drugs. The primary indication of this syrup is a cough with mucus. Levosalbutamol is a bronchodilator that works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widening the airways. Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent which thins and loosens the consistency of mucus (phlegm), making it easier to cough out. Guaifenesin is an expectorant that decreases the stickiness of mucus (phlegm) and helps in its removal from the airways. The synergetic effect of the three drugs provides relief from cough with mucus.
Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin belongs to the class of drugs called expectorants. They are used in the treatment of cough with mucus. The syrup bottle should be shaken vigorously before consumption. It should not be self-medicated and can only be prescribed by your doctor. Take the dosage prescribed in the cap given with the bottle and gulp down the syrup. Based on lifestyle factors and health conditions, people may face side effects like nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, headache, dizziness, skin rash, tremor, stomach upset, and diarrhea. If the side effects persist, seek medical consultation. Before taking the syrup inform your doctor if you are allergic to Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin or similar medicines.
Use of Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin Syrup
Cough with Mucus
Side Effects of Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin Syrup
Each individual has a specific reaction to all the drugs, creating a range of possible side effects. Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup has mild to moderate side effects, which resolve over time. However, if the side effects persist or get severe with time, immediately consult your doctor. The list of side effects from Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup is given below:
- Stomach upset
When two or more drugs are taken together, this can lead to unpleasant effects and even lower the efficacy of medicines. The same goes for certain food items and beverages.
Interactions with Medicines:
- Antibiotics (erythromycin, doxycycline, cefuroxime, amoxicillin)
- Water pills (furosemide)
- Bronchodilators (albuterol, formoterol, vilanterol)
- Anti-sickness drug (ondansetron)
- Steroids (prednisone, budesonide)
Interaction with Food:
- Avoid or limit the intake of caffeinated beverages, foods, or dietary supplements
Interaction with Disease:
- High blood pressure
- Overactive thyroid
- Stomach ulcers
- Phenylketonuria (a birth defect that causes accumulation of amino acid, phenylalanine in the body)
- Kidney, liver, or heart problems.
Precautions and Warnings
1. Do not consume alcohol with Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup as it can have harmful implications for the body.
2. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup without a doctor’s consultation.
3. Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup induces drowsiness and sleepiness. Therefore, it is advised not to drive or perform any mental activity when under the influence of syrup.
4. Patients with liver and kidney problems should consult their doctor before taking Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin syrup as it can harm their health.
5. Avoid consuming dairy products such as milk, as it may increase mucus production. Also, avoid processed or refined foods.
6. Do not consume citrus fruits as they may worsen the cough.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is AMBROXOL+GUAIPHENESIN+LEVOSALBUTAMOL syrup safe for diabetic patients?
AMBROXOL+GUAIPHENESIN+LEVOSALBUTAMOL should be used with caution in diabetic patients if prescribed by a doctor. However, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended while taking AMBROXOL+GUAIPHENESIN+LEVOSALBUTAMOL as it may increase blood sugar levels.
- What are the recommended storage conditions for Ambroxol+Levosalbutamol+Guaifenesin?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children, and other people.
- Is it safe to use Ambroxol+Levosalbutamol+Guaifenesin?
Yes, it is safe to use Ambroxol+Levosalbutamol+Guaifenesin in most patients. However, in some patients, it may cause common side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, allergic reaction, dizziness, headache, rash, urticaria, tremor, palpitations, muscle cramp, and increased heart rate.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.