Piperacillin Sodium USP 4gm & Tazobactam Sodium 0.5 gm
MEDPIP-4.5 | Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection
Brand Name : MEDPIP-4.5
Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection is used as an effective treatment for pneumonia and bacterial infections of the skin, gynecological, and abdominal (stomach area). This medication is composed of two drugs: Piperacillin and Tazobactam. Piperacillin belongs to a drugs class known as penicillin antibiotics that functions by killing the bacteria responsible for causing infection. Tazobactam is in a drug class known as a beta-lactamase inhibitor. It acts by preventing piperacillin from being destroyed by the bacteria.
In general, this injection is injected intravenously (into a vein). Do not self administer Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection. Your doctor/nurse will give you this injection under medical facilities or supervision. In addition, an individual should consider the advice given by the doctor. Also, the official guidelines mentioned on the leaflet need to be followed for the best results. Consult your healthcare provider for more deets.
Note: Though it is an effective medication, it doesn’t work for flu, colds, and other viral infections. Also, taking antibiotics when not needed increases the risk of developing an infection resistant to antibiotic treatment.
Precautions to Take for Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection
Individuals usually receive this infection in a hospital or can be administered at home if prescribed. If administering this injection on your own, must understand the directions of the doctor. Also, your doctor may show you how to inject this injection. You can ask the doctor if you have any doubts beforehand. Aside from that, you need to follow the instructions of the doctor during the treatment course. Also, you can take the below-listed measures for the best possible effects.
- Inform your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you are allergic to tazobactam, piperacillin, and cephalosporin antibiotics, such as cefaclor, cefuroxime, cefadroxil, (Ceftin, Zinacef), and cephalexin or any other medicine.
- Before commencing treatment with this injection, make sure to inform your doctor about the other medications you are taking, including prescription, nonprescription and herbal medicines.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you have/had cystic fibrosis, or problems with digestion, breathing, and reproduction. Must inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney-related disorders.
- If pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant, must inform your doctor. In addition, notify your doctor if you become pregnant during the treatment course.
- If you are going to have surgery, including dental surgery, must inform the surgeon about your treatment with Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection.
Therefore, the above listed are measures you can take during the treatment course with Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection and be on the safe side. Aside from that, you can get more details about the indication, doses, and duration of the treatment by consulting with your healthcare provider.
Possible Side effects
Like other medications, Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection also offers mild to moderate side effects. Though those adverse events are temporary, inform the doctor if you notice any persistent problems. The most common side effects of this medication include the following:-
- Stomach pain
The above-listed is not the complete list of adverse effects caused by Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection. Get it by visiting your healthcare professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection used for?
A. Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection is an effective treatment for pneumonia, and other bacterial infections, such as gynecological, skin, and stomach areas. May it be used for other conditions not mentioned here.
Q. Is Piperacillin and Tazobactam safe to use?
A. Yes, this injection is safe to use, in general. However, the use of this injection is contradicted in certain conditions.
Q. How Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection is administered?
A. This injection is administered intravenously/into a vein in a hospital by the doctor or nurse.
Q. Can you inject Piperacillin and Tazobactam at home?
A. Self-administration of this injection is not recommended unless prescribed by the doctor.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.