TELMISARTAN 40MG TAB IP
MEDTEL-40 | TELMISARTAN 40MG TABLET
Brand Name : MEDTEL-40
TELMISARTAN 40MG TABLET: Telmisartan is known as angiotensin’s 2nd receptor blocker which is used to treat High blood pressure in adults, stroke, and heart failure. Well if we talk about hypertension that is a therapeutic condition in which pressure is increased without any known reason in the arteries. On the other hand, due to the blocked blood flow to the heart and brain heart attack and stroke happens.
Telmisrtan is an ARB. It helps to relax blood vessels. It stops the chemical action which is the cause of tighter blood vessels. Due to this, blood flows smoothly in the whole body, and the heart pumps at a normal heart rate.
Basic information about TELMISARTAN 40MG TABLET:
Composition: Telmisartan 40 MG Tab IP
Brand Name: MEDTEL 40
Color: Light brown, oblong, tablet imprinted with “473”
Categories: Diabetic range, PCD Pharma franchise for cardiac range tablets.
- This medication increases potassium levels in the body and it can be harmful to kidney failure patients, and heart failure patients. It leads to patients at a higher risk of Hyperkalaemia. So if you used telmisartan 40 mg then your doctor should measure the potassium level in your body first.
- It may occur kidney dysfunction with symptoms like, fatigue, paleness of skin, swelling of face and ankles, decreased urination, and shortness of breath, etc. so if your doctor recommends telmisartan then you need to monitor your kidney functions with the help of some blood tests.
- You may feel faint because of Hypotension. If you feel some symptoms of hypotension then called up your doctor immediately.
- Do not drive heavy machinery until you know the side effects of telmisartan 40 mg.
- Do not take this medication if you have any allergic medical conditions.
- This is strictly prohibited for those diabetic patients who are intake drug aliskiren.
Pregnancy issues and Telmisartan 40 mg Tablets:
According to the FDA warnings section for pregnancy Telmisartan comes into category D. And it shows the fetal toxicity warning. It means if you are using Telmisartan and you detect your pregnancy then stop using it as soon as possible because it is harmful to the baby. If you continue taking Telmisartan during pregnancy then it can cause injury and death to the fetus in the womb.
Side effects of Telmisartan 40 mg Tablet:
- Skin ulcer
- Back pain
- Sinus Inflammation
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Low blood pressure
Recommendation of Dosage of Telmisartan:
It is recommended medication by the doctor for treating some particular disease. After monitoring your health issues, your age physician advises you for taking this medication.
Adults: 20 to 80 mg once a day for treatment of high blood pressure
Senior people: 80 mg once a day for reducing heart problems
Children: not recommended for children.
Healthy lifestyle advice regarding Telmisartan:
- Do not smoke and intake alcohol
- Eat low-fat dairy products
- Make a habit of doing exercise regularly like, walking, cycling, dancing, swimming, jogging, etc.
- Add fruits, vegetables, and grains to your diet plan
- For reducing chronic stress, try to make some time for yourself and do fun activities.
- Avoid sodium contain foods and replace salt with herbs.
- Keep Telmisartan at room temperature.
- Remove the Telmisartan tablet when you are ready to take it.
FAQs for Telmisartan 40 mg tablet:
Q. Is Telmisartan safe to use during pregnancy?
Ans. Well, it is not safe to take this during pregnancy of this medication. Because according to FDA warnings, it can lead the fetus to death.
Q. Can Telmisartan lead to a weight hike?
Ans. No, it is not true. Telmisartan is not known for the increment in weight. A study found that Telmisartan helps to decrease fat tissue in the human body.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.