MEDTHRINE LOTION | Permethrin Lotion
Brand Name : MEDTHRINE LOTION
Permethrin Lotion is one of the most effective medicine for scabies and head lice. This medication contains Permethrin, which belongs to a class of medication known as antiparasitic medication. It functions by killing the tiny insects (mites) and their eggs responsible for causing scabies. In addition, this medicine kills head lice attach to your scalp and irritate it.
An individual patient should use Permethrin Lotion as prescribed by the healthcare provider to attain the maximum effects of this medicine. In addition, make sure you read all the official guidelines carefully before commencing treatment with this medication. Keeping the official guidelines and doctor’s instructions in mind may help you ensure the best usage.
Precautions for Permethrin Lotion
Get the best possible effects from this antiparasitic medication by using it as advised by the doctor. This medication may not be appropriate for some conditions, hence, you should consult your doctor before starting treatment with it. Also, inform your doctor about the other medicines you are taking as this medicine may interact with other drugs and cause an adverse reaction. Moreover, you should take the below-listed measures into account while using this medication.
Measures to Take:-
- Avoid getting this medicine in the sensitive parts of your body, including the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, vagina, etc. However, if this happens, then rinse it off as soon as possible with water immediately.
- Inform your doctor about the other medication you are taking before you start the treatment course with Permethrin Lotion. Also, do not use any other medicine along with this medicine without telling your doctor as it may cause side effects.
- Continue using this medicine as long as you have been prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine even if the symptoms are gone. Stopping the treatment course early may result in relapse effects.
- If you see no improvement even after using Permethrin Lotion for 14 days or more, consult your healthcare provider as soon as possible. Your doctor may prescribe you any other treatment for your problem.
- Apply a thin layer of Permethrin Lotion to the affected part of the body and leave it for 8-14 hours before you take a shower. Do not apply for this medicine in more than the recommended amount as it may cause adverse reactions instead of making the recovery faster.
Use Permethrin Lotion with the above-listed points in mind to get the best possible effects from this medicine. In addition, you should never forget to know about the official guidelines and follow the doctor’s directions to ensure the best usage of this medication.
When using Permethrin Lotion, you may experience mild to moderate adverse reactions. Those side effects do not persist usually. However, if your body develops any rare side effects or the common side effects worsen or persist for a longer duration, you may need medical assistance. The most common side effects offered by Permethrin Lotion include the following:-
- Burning sensation
- Stinging sensation
- Erythema (skin redness)
Note: The above listed are the most common side effects caused by Permethrin Lotion and you don’t need to be worried about these. However, this medicine may also cause some other adverse reactions not mentioned in this list. Get more deets regarding the side effects offered by this medicine by consulting your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the uses of Permethrin Lotion?
A. This is an antiparasitic medication that is effective in the treatment of scabies and head lice.
Q. Does this antiparasitic medication cause any side effects?
A. When using this medication, you may experience Rash, Itching, Burning sensation, Erythema, Tingling, Stinging sensation, etc.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.