MEFENAMIC ACID 250 MG + DROTAVERINE 80 MG TABLET
Drotaverine Hydrochloride And Mefenamic Acid Tablets | MEFEXA-D
Brand Name : MEFEXA-D
Drotaverine Hydrochloride & Mefenamic Acid Tablets – The medication is a combination medication and is primarily used to treat abdominal pain. The tablets can also be useful also treats to treat other pains such as migraines headaches, muscle pain, renal colic pain, and pain after surgery. Drotaverine Hydrochloride 80 mg & Mefenamic Acid 250 mg Tablets can also be used to improve functional bowel disorders, heavy bleeding during periods, and dysmenorrhea. The tablets generally work to treat pain and muscle spasms. The dosage and the duration of the medication will be prescribed to you by your healthcare provider and will depend on how severe your medical condition is.
Working Mechanism of Drotaverine & Mefenamic Acid Tablets
The medication is a combination of two medicines known as Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid Tablets. The two drugs basically work together to provide relief from cramps and abdominal pain. Drotaverine work as an anti-spasmodic medicine. The primal work of this medicine is to treat and prevent contractions related to smooth muscles in the stomach. On the other side, Mefenamic Acid is known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The work of this drug is to block the release of a certain chemical substance called cyclo-oxygenase enzymes, which is responsible for causing inflammation and pain in the abdomen. Collectively, these drugs work together to help get rid of certain pains in the body.
Uses of Drotaverine & Mefenamic Acid Tablets
- The medicine is primarily used to treat abdominal pain.
- The medication can also be useful also treats to treat other pains such as migraines headaches, muscle pain, renal colic pain, and pain after surgery.
- Drotaverine Hydrochloride & Mefenamic Acid Tablets can also be used to improve functional bowel disorders, heavy bleeding during periods, and dysmenorrhea.
Side Effects of Drotaverine Hydrochloride 80 mg & Mefenamic Acid 250mg Medicine
The usage of this medication may lead to some unpleasant after effects. The side effects are very rare to appear in the case of this medication and are usually temporary and mild. However, it can get worse over time if not taken care of on time. Hence, consult the doctor if the side effects of this medication start to bother much or stay for too long.
Some of the side effects of Drotaverine Hydrochloride & Mefenamic Acid Tablets may include:
Hypotension, Dryness in mouth, Increased white blood cell count, Decreased white blood cell count, Increased liver enzymes, Purpura, Agranulocytosis, Indigestion, Stomach inflammation, Insomnia, Vertigo, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Breathlessness, Ringing in the ear, Flatulence, Diarrhea, Fast heart rate, Constipation, Nausea.
Important Points to Consider
Some of the precautions and warnings to consider before using Drotaverine Hydrochloride & Mefenamic Acid Tablets are:
- It is advised to consume tablets with water in order to avoid any stomach issues such as an upset stomach.
- Avoid taking the tablets if you are allergic to any components present in them as it can cause an allergic reaction.
- The intake of alcohol while taking this medication may cause excessive drowsiness and increase the risk of stomach issues.
- Diarrhea may appear as a side effect of this medication. Consult the doctor if it doesn’t stop even after some time.
- Do not take the medication in case you have any recent heart surgery.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.