CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500 MG TABLET
SICLOC-F | Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine HCl & Folic Acid Tablets
Brand Name : SICLOC-F
Doxylamine+ Pyridoxine+ Folic acid is a combination medicine that belongs to the class of medication called anti-emetics. The medicine is primarily used to treat nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting (being sick) during pregnancy. Also known by the name morning sickness, it is very commonly experienced by pregnant women. Nausea starts appearing in the 6th week of pregnancy and lasts up to 16 to 18 weeks. Some women report experiencing this nausea till the delivery of the baby. Doxylamine is an antihistamine that blocks the natural chemical (histamine) in the body that is responsible for nausea and vomiting. Folic acid is a type of vitamin B that provide essential nutrients during pregnancy. Pyridoxine is vitamin B6, whose deficiency may cause nausea and vomiting. It works by restoring the levels of vitamin B6 in the body and providing relief from nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Take the medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration by the doctor. Do not crush, chew or break the tablets, swallow them whole with water. Some common side effects of Doxylamine+ Pyridoxine+ Folic acid tablets are dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, tiredness, and constipation. Though, the side effects are mild to temporary, seek a doctor’s consultation if they get severe or worsen with time. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any drug present in the tablets or similar medicines. Take the medicine at least 1 or 2 hours before consuming a meal. Store the tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Contraindications for Doxylamine+ Pyridoxine+ Folic acid Tablets
Avoid taking this medicine if you have a history of the following mentioned diseases or are currently suffering from any of them. The list of contraindications is given below:
- Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Stomach ulcer
- Blockage in the stomach and small intestine
- Blockage in the bladder
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
Uses of Doxylamine+ Pyridoxine+ Folic acid Tablets
The combination medicine is indicated for Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Side Effects of Doxylamine+ Pyridoxine+ Folic acid Tablets
The side effects of this medicine are individualistic in nature and depend on the health condition and response to the therapy. Usually, the side effects are mild to moderate and do not last for a long time. However, if the side effects persist or get severe, immediately consult a doctor. The list of side effects is given below:
- Dry mouth, nose, and throat
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Stomach pain
Some medicines can interact with each other and cause negative impacts on health. Therefore, stay cautious while taking this medicine so as not to consume the following mentioned drugs:
- Blood thinners
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (selegiline, rasagiline, tranylcypromine, etc.)
- Sleeping pills (zolpidem, alprazolam, triazolam, etc.)
- Certain pain medicines (morphine and methadone, etc.)
- Cough or cold medicines (brompheniramine, chlorpheniramine, diphenhydramine, etc.)
Precautions and Warnings
1. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
2. Breastfeeding mothers should not take the tablets without a doctor’s consultation as the drugs may seep into the breast milk and affect the newborn.
3. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
4. Store the tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does DOXYLAMINE+FOLIC ACID+PYRIDOXINE work?
DOXYLAMINE+FOLIC ACID+PYRIDOXINE contains Doxylamine, Pyridoxine, and Folic acid. Doxylamine is an antihistamine that works by blocking the natural chemical (histamine) in the body, thereby preventing nausea and vomiting. Pyridoxine is vitamin B6 and its deficiency may cause nausea and vomiting. It works by restoring the levels of vitamin B6 in the body and treating nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Folic acid is also a form of vitamin B which can provide essential nutrients during pregnancy.
2. Can I take DOXYLAMINE+FOLIC ACID+PYRIDOXINE on empty stomach?
It is advised to take DOXYLAMINE+FOLIC ACID+PYRIDOXINE 1 or 2 hours before a meal to prevent nausea and vomiting.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.