FEBUXOSTAT 40 MG TABLET
GOUTLOC-40 | Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet
Brand Name : GOUTLOC-40
Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet is an effective medication for treating and preventing gout. It happens due to excessive uric acid in the body forming into crystals, which appear around the joints. This condition causes painful and swollen joints. Febuxostat is in a class of medications known as xanthine oxidase inhibitors. These tablets work by lowering the uric acid levels in the human body.
Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet can be taken with or without food as prescribed by the healthcare provider. Take the recommended dose for the prescribed length to attain the best effects. In addition, one should take this while making the changes in your diet, such as avoiding alcoholic beverages and non-vegetarian foods. Aside from that, read the patient leaflet for the official guidelines before commencing treatment with this medication.
Precautions for Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet
It is an orally administered drug that should be taken whole without breaking or crushing. Do not bite, chew, or break this medication due to its strong bitter taste. In addition, take this medicine at the recommended dose for the prescribed length to get the best out of this medication. Also, read the official guidelines mentioned on the label to ensure the proper use of this medicine. All above, consider following the below-listed points throughout the treatment course.
- The dosage of Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet will determine your healthcare provider, depending on your age, gender, tolerance, and medical condition.
- Do not stop taking this medication unless prescribed by the physician as abruptly stopping the treatment may result in a relapse of effects. Finish the treatment course without missing any dosage.
- Try not to miss any dose of Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet. If you forget to take any dose, do not double the dose to cover up. Instead, you can skip the missed dose if it’s almost the time for the next.
- Inform your doctor before starting treatment with this medication if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying for pregnancy. It belongs to pregnancy category B1.
- Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet may not be appropriate to take in some conditions. Thus, ensure you inform the doctor before commencing treatment if you have any heart problems, thyroid problems, or stroke.
With the above-listed points in mind, continue treatment with Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet. In addition, do not forget to take official guidelines and doctor’s instructions into account.
Unlike other medications, Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet offers mild to moderate adverse reactions. Those reactions do not persist for a longer duration. However, if the side effects are bothersome or persist, inform your healthcare provider. The common side effects of this medication include the following:-
- Skin rash
- Gout flares
Note: This list doesn’t contain all the side effects caused by this medication and others may occur. For more deets regarding the side effects, you may consult your healthcare provider.
Who Should Avoid Taking Febuxostat Tablet?
People who had experienced the following health-related things or are dealing with them should avoid taking Febuxostat Tablet. These are as follows:
- Allergic to Febuxostat or similar medications like azathioprine or mercaptopurine
- Heart attack or other heart problems
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Organ transplant
- Lesch-Nyhan syndrome (deficiency of the HPRT enzyme)
- Breastfeeding or Pregnant Women
Points to Check Up On While Consuming this Drug
- Follow the complete course of the medication to ensure better results.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor about any restrictions on food or beverages.
- Tell the doctor about the usage of the other medications including vitamins and herbs with this drug.
Doctor Consultations for Serious Side Effects of Febuxostat Tablet
As there are not any major side effects of this tablet if the complete procedure is followed with the provided instructions. But in case, if a person encounters any of the following side effects, he must consult the doctor right away or seek emergency help as soon as possible.
- Chest pain
- Dark urine
- Cold sweats
- Lack of appetite
- Trouble walking
- Shortness of breath
- Yellowing of the skin
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sudden severe headache
- Extreme weakness in one part of the body
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the uses of Febuxostat 40 Mg Tablet?
A. This medicine is effective in treating gout that is caused by excessive uric acid levels in the body.
Q. Does this medicine offer any side effects?
A. Yes, while taking this medicine, you may experience mild to moderate adverse reactions, such as Diarrhea, Headache, Nausea, Skin rash, etc.
Q. Can you drive while taking Febuxostat Tablets?
A. This medicine may cause dizziness, sleepiness, blurred vision, or a tingling sensation. You should avoid driving, or performing hazardous activities.
Q. What’s the best time to take these tablets?
A. Take this medicine once daily at any time of the day. However, you can consult your healthcare provider for more details regarding the dosage.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.