TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE 40 MG / ML
TRIAMED-40 | TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE 40 MG / ML INJECTION
Triamcinolone Acetonide injection is commonly prescribed for the treatment of pain, swelling, and stiffness in joints associated with various disorders such as Rheumatoid Arthritis. It is also useful in the treatment of various allergic disorders such as asthma, hormonal problems, rheumatic fever, and various disorders of the digestive system, skin, kidneys, and lungs. The medicine is usually given when it is difficult to give oral medications.
Do not take Triamcinolone Acetonide if you have recently suffered from or have a medical history of Tuberculosis (TB), diabetes, bowel surgery, stomach ulcer and/or a bowel disorder, inflamed veins, or infection in legs, mental health disorder, epilepsy, any form of cancer, osteoporosis (thick and brittle bones, myasthenia gravis, glaucoma, have visual disturbances, loss of vision, inflammation of the retina (viral retinitis) or of eyes (red, bloodshot eyes), etc.
Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor to avoid overdosage. Do not self-administer the injection take it only under the guidance of a medical healthcare professional. Some of the commonly observed side effects of Triamcinolone Acetonide injection are headache, pain in joints, and injection site reaction.
Uses of Triamcinolone Acetonide Injection
Triamcinolone Acetonide injection is used in the treatment of allergic disorders, arthritis, gout, blood diseases, breathing problems, certain cancers, eye diseases, intestinal disorders, collagen and skin diseases. The medication belongs to a category of drugs called Corticosteroids. The medicine works by inhibiting the release of chemicals responsible for causing inflammation. These chemicals are called prostaglandins and leukotrienes. The medication also decreases the activity of a certain nuclear factor called kappa-B which leads to decreased production of interleukin 6 and 8, which are pro-inflammatory substances. The medicine is used for various health conditions such as:
- Helpful in the treatment of joint pain, swelling, and stiffness in various conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Provide relief from disorders of digestion, skin, kidney, and lungs.
- Brings down rheumatic fever
- Treat hormonal problems
Side Effects of Triamcinolone Acetonide Injection
There are mild to moderate side effects of Triamcinolone Acetonide Injection that get resolved over time. The side effects are unique for all the users as they depend on their health condition and response to the therapy. You shall immediately inform your doctor if the side effects worsen or persist with time. The range of side effects noticed on using Triamcinolone Acetonide injection are mentioned as follows:
- Increased risk of infection
- Reaction at the site reaction
- Pain in joints
- Infection of the nose
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal bleeding in postmenopausal women
- Viral or fungal eye infections
- Yeast infections such as thrush
- Sensation of tingling
- Increased pressure in the brain
- Increased appetite
- Weight loss
Safety and Precautions
- Do not take Triamcinolone Acetonide Injection with alcohol as it may cause adverse side effects.
- Do not take Triamcinolone Acetonide Injection without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Store the Triamcinolone Acetonide Injection in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.