CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500 MG TABLET
ROXILOC-500 | CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500 MG TABLET
Brand Name : ROXILOC-500
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic drug, used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. The medicine is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic that inhibits bacterial growth in the body. This medicine can only be used in the treatment of infections that are caused by a bacterial pathogen. It is not potent to treat viral infections such as the common cold and flu. Do not consume antibiotics when not required as they can affect the potency of medicine in treating future infections. Cefuroxime hinders the formation of protection covering of bacterial cell body called the cell wall. Without a cell wall, the bacterial cell is unable to survive and reproduce, thereby alleviating the stress on the body.
Do not crush, chew or break the tablet, swallow it whole with the water. Take the tablets as per the prescribed dosage and duration by a doctor. Take it at evenly spaced time intervals to maintain a constant level of medication in the body. The dosage depends on the severity of the medical condition and your response to the therapy. Some people may observe side effects like vomiting, nausea, injection site reaction, and diarrhea. Discontinue the consumption by noticing the side effects and consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to cefuroxime and similar medicines.
Uses of Cefuroxime Axetil 500 MG Tablet
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that targets a range of bacterial infections at different locations in the body part. Some common indications of Cefuroxime Axetill tablets are given below:
- Bronchitis(infection of the airway tubes leading to the lungs)
- Gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease)
- Lyme disease (an infection that may develop after a person is bitten by a tick)
- Infections of the skin, ears, sinuses, throat, tonsils
- Urinary tract Infections
Side Effects of Cefuroxime Axetil 500 MG Tablet
Usually, cefuroxime has a low side effect profile as it doesn’t cause serious or prolonged effects. The side effects are mild to temporary and get resolve over time. If the side effects persist or get severe, immediately consult your doctor. The list of side effects that you may experience is given below:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or eyes
- Watery or bloody stools
- Stomach cramps
- Fever during treatment or for up to two or more months after stopping treatment
- Sore throat, chills, or other signs of infection
Precautions and Warnings
1. Do not deviate from the prescribed dosage and complete the entire course of treatment.
2. Stay cautious and inform your doctor if you have a medical history of kidney disease, intestinal disease (colitis), liver disease, and poor nutrition.
3. Avoid consuming alcohol and tobacco, as they perhaps interact with the medicine and cause unpleasant effects.
4. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
5. Pregnant and lactating women should not take the medicine without consulting their physician.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can Cefuroxime be taken on an empty stomach?
No, Cefuroxime should not be taken on an empty stomach like other antibiotics of its class. It should be taken twice daily after a meal. Taking Cefuroxime with food increases the absorption rate of the drug.
2. How long does Cefuroxime take to work?
The amount of time Cefuroxime takes to work depends on the type of infection and the response of the patient to the medicine. The antibiotic may start working after you take it, but for maximum effect, it may require some time. Usually, the symptoms of bacterial infections start to decrease within 48 to 72 hours after starting the medication.
3. How long should you take Cefuroxime?
The duration of therapy with Cefuroxime depends upon the type of infection. It is usually given for 7 days. It ranges from 5 to 10 days and depends on the response of the infection in the patient.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.