- Composition:FEBUXOSTAT 40 MG
Packing:10 X 10
Febuxostat 40 MG Tablet – This tablet contains the medicine Febuxostat, a xanthine oxidase inhibitor, in the dosage of 40 mg that works by lowering down the uric acid levels in people with gout (a form of arthritis). It diminishes the production of uric acid in the body that can cause the symptoms of gout. It is available with the name GOUTLOC-40 at Medlock Healthcare.
Who Should Avoid Taking Febuxostat Tablet?
People who had experienced the following health-related things or are dealing with them should avoid taking Febuxostat Tablet. These are as follows:
- allergic to Febuxostat or similar medications like azathioprine or mercaptopurine
- heart attack or other heart problems
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- organ transplant
- Lesch-Nyhan syndrome (deficiency of the HPRT enzyme)
- Breastfeeding or Pregnant Women
Points to Check Up On While Consuming this Drug
- Follow the complete course of the medication to ensure better results.
- Tell the doctor about the usage of the other medications including vitamins and herbs with this drug.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor about any restrictions on food or beverages.
Doctor Consultations for Serious Side Effects of Febuxostat Tablet
As there are not any major side effects of this tablet if the complete procedure is followed with the provided instructions. But in case, if a person encounters any of the following side effects, he must consult the doctor right away or seek emergency help as soon as possible.
- nausea or vomiting
- lack of appetite
- sudden severe headache
- shortness of breath
- yellowing of the skin
- cold sweats
- dark urine
- extreme weakness in one part of the body
- trouble walking
- chest pain